Tuesday, November 23, 2010

Week 2 - Chapter 2

As I am just starting this class there are a lot of things that I am hoping to learn and explore.   I am interested in computers and have spent a lot of time working with them but mainly from the workstation side and not network based applications. I have been on the receiving end of IT for a long time.  I work in an organization that is heavily dependent on IT.  From daily communications with other associates to the transmission of sensitive and protected information I use IT almost everyday.  It seems though that I have been able to use it as it shown to me without a lot of understanding as to how and why it is set up and used the way it is.  I hope during this class to gain a better understanding of why IT works the way it does more than just the "how". 

I believe that information is the key to any business or organizations success.  The greatest employees cannot carry a company single-handed.  Information must always move, be shared, and grown.  IT is they way that this can be done in the most effective manner possible.  There are risks.  Information can be useful, but it can also be harmful. 

I hope that this class gives me some information and helps lead me to a point of better understanding of not just IT, but information handling systems in general.

2 comments:

  1. I think this class hit the spot when its comes to IT. I hope you have a better understanding of the functions and the upcoming transitions in the IT world. I know I have a much better understanding and will be able to understand more of what IT is talking about!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Travis - great post. I am also interested in computers. I really have learned alot in this class about the way businesses work and are structured through IT. This class has been overwhelming, but i think i have learned more in this class than i have at any other IWC classes. Good luck the rest of the class!

    ReplyDelete